Deeply rooted in the process of visual perception, abstraction is a very important element of the visual arts. Explore the conceptual and perceptual roots of abstraction and examine the approaches artists have used in abstract works during the last century.
Discover the basic elements of abstraction such as color, line, and shape and learn how to organize abstract pictorial fields. Create exciting and innovative works of art using different techniques and materials—and learn how we are influenced by the interplay of the visual elements.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Shahin Talishkhan.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.