Deeply rooted in the process of visual perception, abstraction is a very important element of the visual arts. Explore the conceptual and perceptual roots of abstraction and examine the approaches artists have used in abstract works during the last century.
Discover the basic elements of abstraction such as color, line, and shape and learn how to organize abstract pictorial fields. Create exciting and innovative works of art using different techniques and materials while coming to understand how we are influenced by the interplay of visual elements.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.