It’s quick and easy to create postcard-size paintings, whether you’re gazing at a lovely vista or referencing travel photos. Virtually spend the afternoon in Provence discovering how to capture a scene with flowing lines and colors. Learn to quickly capture light, shadow, and details that add life to your subject. From inviting doorways and windows to fields of lavender, share the “journey” using the instructor's photos from her "Life in Provence" series, or your own photographs if you prefer. The instructor also demonstrates how to enhance your artwork with calligraphy. All levels welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Cindy Briggs.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.