Save up to 14% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Photographic Creativity, Design, and Composition
5-Session Evening Course
Wednesday, October 14 to November 18, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET (no class Nov. 11)
$215 - Non-Member
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
The balance of tension in an image is fundamental in photography: When achieved successfully, well-made visual relationships are created. This course offers participants a better understanding of compositional elements and how best to apply them.
Emphasis is placed on practices that promote taking better and more unique photographs, including simplicity, balance, and using natural lighting conditions. Weekly lectures and assignments feature topics including extended shutter speeds, light graffiti, bokeh templates, and macro photography.
Students should have an understanding of basic camera operation. They provide their own cameras and may work in the format of their choice.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- 5 sessions, 3 hours each (no class Nov. 11)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.