This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Photo 101: Night Photography and Tripods
Studio Arts Workshop on Zoom
Thursday, April 15, 2021 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
You don’t necessarily need great light to make a great photo. Understand the essential basics of night photography and tripods as you learn to manage longer exposure times (up to 30 seconds) and exposure modes and compensation; choose the right tripod style; work with wired or wireless remote shutter-release triggers; use the self-timer; and more. Students must have a camera with manual controls and their user’s guide. Having a tripod on hand is encouraged but not necessary. Open to all levels.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.