Photo 101: Night Photography and Tripods
Studio Arts Workshop
Thursday, September 10, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
You don’t necessarily need great light to make a great photo. Understand the essential basics of night photography and tripods as you learn to manage longer exposure times (up to 30 seconds) and exposure modes and compensation; choose the right tripod style; work with wired or wireless remote shutter-release triggers; use the self-timer; and more. Students must have a camera with manual controls and their user’s guide. Having a tripod on hand is encouraged but not necessary. Open to all levels.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.