This program is sold out.
Photo 101: Natural-Light Photography
Evening Studio Arts Workshop
Thursday, June 24, 2021 - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
$45 - Member
$55 - Non-Member
Demystify the concept of quality of light and examine how it can make or break your photos. Understand the essential basics of shooting in a natural-light setting as you learn to gauge the direction of light; recognize degree of diffusion; minimize (or emphasize) lens flare; control conditions with lens hoods; identify the “golden hour”; and more. Students must have a camera with manual controls, their user’s guide, and any lens hoods on hand. Open to all levels.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.