Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Photo 101: Lenses, Optics, and Filters
Studio Arts Workshop
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Stay artistic (and avoid gimmick) as you learn how to choose the best lenses and filters available for purchase. Start with the basics of optics, such as focal length and angle of view, then dive into the world of creative lens choices including zoom. fish-eye, macro, and stabilized. How and when to use polarizer, UV, neutral density, and other filters is also discussed.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.