This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Photo 101: Basic Flash Photography
Studio Arts Workshop
Thursday, September 17, 2020—6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Though flashes can be intimidating, just a bit of knowledge can make yours an invaluable photographic tool. Understand the essential basics of TTL (through-the-lens) flash photography as you learn flash modes (auto/fill, slow sync, rear curtain, red-eye reduction); bounce flash; flash exposure compensation; and using accessories. This workshop is designed for photographers who use TTL flashes such as the Canon 430EX and the Nikon SB-700; fully manual FLASHES such as Vivitar are not covered. Students must have a camera with manual controls, a TTL flash, and the user’s guides for their camera and flash if possible. Open to all levels.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.