Tell your story as you fill three unique handmade books with original art and writing. Each book presents an opportunity to work with different techniques and media, from paper-cutting and 3-D structures to color pencils on pastel paper; Chinese ink and brush; and collage. Weekly themes for book forms and writings include inspiring structures, single words that suggest a story, and creating a container for memories. All levels of bookmaking, paper arts, and writing experience are welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sushmita Mazumdar.
- 3 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.