Pati Jinich (Photo: Angie Mosier)
Mexico has a rich culinary history stretching back thousands of years. For her newest book, Treasures of the Mexican Table, Pati Jinich brings together the signature recipes that home cooks, market vendors, and chefs have shared with her as she crisscrossed her native country for the past decade.
Join her as she examines how these recipes—from Baja lobster tacos to Oaxacan-style grilled flank steak—represent the culinary diversity of the nation that has as many as 32 different cuisines. Jinich also shares cooking tips, and discusses the iconic dishes that define Mexican cuisine.
Copies of Treasures of the Mexican Table: Classic Recipes, Local Secrets (Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) are available for purchase.
Book Sale Information
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.