Please Note: This studio arts course has an adjusted schedule with no class sessions the latter half of November. The class will end on December 20, 2022.
Capture the atmosphere and beauty of a scene in your watercolor landscape by gaining confidence in painting important natural elements. Demonstrations and exercises introduce techniques in creating flowing landscapes in vibrant color mixtures and balancing the colors in simple and complex areas of the composition. Previous watercolor experience is recommended.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- Updated: 8 sessions, 3 hours each (no class November 15, 22, and 29)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.