Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Painting and Collage
4-Session Weekend Course
Saturday, January 23 to February 13, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
REGISTRATION ADVISORY: This program will stop registration sales on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Combine painting techniques with collage to produce pieces with texture and depth. Students work on watercolor paper and canvas as they learn how to use papers, acrylics, inks, and other materials as means of elevating the interest of both abstract and representational pieces. Experiment with collaging into painted surfaces as well as painting on collaged surfaces.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 4 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.