NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, July 16, 2021.
Combine painting techniques with collage to produce pieces with texture and depth. Students work on watercolor paper and canvas as they learn how to use papers, acrylics, inks, and other materials as means of elevating the interest of both abstract and representational pieces. Experiment with collaging into painted surfaces as well as painting on collaged surfaces.
Some previous experience with acrylic painting is required for this class. A kit is available to order from the instructor. Please refer to the supply list for ordering information.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 5 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.