STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
What should our relationship to the planet look like when we finally emerge from our homes? In The Outdoor Citizen: Get Out, Give Back, Get Active, John Judge, president and CEO of the Appalachian Mountain Club, America’s oldest recreation and conservation organization, makes the argument that to preserve the environment, a revolution must take place in which every person becomes an advocate for nature and the outdoors.
Judge discusses how to become an outdoor citizen and effect change on local, state, national, and global levels; how to make the outdoors the epicenter of our communities; and how to turn our cities into “Outdoor Cities,” with a wide range of green spaces, outdoor recreation activities, eco-friendly transportation, and sustainable food sources.
Judge is an internationally recognized advocate for the outdoors, conservation stewardship, and advancing the outdoor economy. He has led the Appalachian Mountain Club’s community of hundreds of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts, program participants, conservation advocates, members, volunteers, and overnight guests since 2012.
Copies of The Outdoor Citizen (Apollo Publishers) are available for sale.
Book Sale Information
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This event is presented as part of the Smithsonian Earth Optimism Initiative.