NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Take a break from the stress of the holiday season to enjoy an entertaining and informative afternoon with an orchid expert and come away with an elegant holiday present to give to that special someone on your list or to keep all to yourself.
In a relaxed and convivial session, participants will learn about many aspects of the beloved flower and our endless fascination with it. Orchid history, origins, trivia, fun facts, and basic care instructions are among the topics covered.
In a hands-on activity, all participants create their own “holiday orchid centerpiece”. A supply list is provided which gives ideas for orchid genera, containers and decorations. Detailed instructions on creating the centerpiece will be given at the end of the class. Also provided is a fun holiday orchid trivia quiz for you to look at ahead of time. Answers will be provided at the beginning of the class.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Barbara Schmidt.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.