Oil and Acrylic Landscape Painting from Photographs
8-Session Weekend Course on Zoom
Saturday, April 17 to June 12, 2021 – 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET (no class May 29)
NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, April 16, 2021.
For more than a century and a half, painters have used photography to assist them in painting landscapes. Students use photographs or images of existing paintings as references, while relying on personal interpretation to make their paintings unique.
After a demonstration by the instructor, students work independently on their projects. Each student’s painting is critiqued during class using Zoom’s screen-share function.
- The instructor is Eric Westbrook.
- 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each (no class May 29)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.