NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, July 30, 2021.
Explore the wide range of colors that nature can yield. In this workshop, learn how to establish a dye studio at home, dive into various dyestuffs and colors, and walk through the process of dyeing fiber with natural materials.
Participants learn how to effectively prepare fabric, extract dye from a range of natural dyestuff, and achieve a full spectrum of color. A few surface design techniques, such as tying, clamping, and resist, are also discussed.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is An-Phuong Ly.
- 3 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.