Studio Arts Workshop on Zoom
Saturday, March 6, 2021 – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
REGISTRATION ADVISORY: This program will stop registration sales on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET
Download the supply list for this class
Join an orchid care expert Barb Schmidt for a fun, informative afternoon about America’s favorite household plant.
Orchids are perennial herbs that are native to nearly everywhere on Earth, including temperate or colder climates. This program discusses which native orchids grow in the northeast United States, where to find them in nature, and how to grow hardy orchids in your backyard.
Fun facts and orchid care tips are provided to pique the interest of experienced orchid collectors, as well as beginners. In a hands-on activity, learn how to re-pot an orchid at home.
Participants may also share orchids from their own collections for a question-and-answer session with the instructor.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.