This program is sold out.
Call us at (202) 633-3030 to get on the Wait List.
Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Musical Monday Matinees: Funny Girl
In collaboration with the Smithsonian Year of Music
Daytime Film Screening for Smithsonian Associates Members
Monday, September 16, 2019 - 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This free program requires registration. Please see additional terms* below.
Celebrate the Smithsonian’s Year of Music and Year of the Woman with free matinee screenings of three classic musicals starring some of Hollywood’s most talented and memorable female leads.
Funny Girl (1968)
Starring Barbra Streisand and Omar Sharif
Dir. William Wyler (151 min.)
In her Academy Award-winning film debut, Barbra Streisand re-creates her legendary Broadway role as renowned comedienne Fanny Brice, who made the world laugh even as her life was roiled by a stormy relationship with gambler Nicky Arnstein.
Other film screenings in the Musical Monday Matinee series:
- This free program is only available to Smithsonian Associates members at the Associate ($50) level and above.
- Each member household is limited to 2 tickets to this program.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No tickets will be mailed for this program. Bring your email order confirmation to help with check-in.
- If you are unable to use the tickets you've reserved, please contact Customer Service at least 24 hours in advance so that we may offer them to other members.
S. Dillon Ripley Center
1100 Jefferson Dr SW
Metro: Smithsonian (Mall exit)