Mining Metaphors: A Reflective Writing Workshop
Monday, August 24, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ET
Mary Hall Surface and creative writing students at the National Gallery of Art
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Discover the power of reflective writing in this 90-minute online workshop, taught by the founding instructor of the National Gallery of Art’s popular Writing Salon, Mary Hall Surface. Inspired by an evocative contemporary painting, explore metaphors—both visual and verbal—to help navigate your experience of the present moment. Beginning to seasoned writers find new tools for considering and capturing this time of challenge and change. These reflections can become fertile ground for memoir, poetry, and other forms.
Surface is a teaching artist, playwright, and theatre director and producer. She presents workshops nationwide in creative writing and drama as a Kennedy Center teaching artist and was a six-summer faculty member at Harvard’s Project Zero Classroom.
The workshop is limited to 30 participants to maximize interaction among the instructor and students.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.