This course is an introduction to Vincent van Gogh's accomplishments in drawing, with particular attention to his unique and instantly recognizable touch. By looking deeply into his work, participants investigate how his imaginative mark making forms his images. In-class exercises revolve around drawing studies of his masterworks as examples to develop students’ own mark making and vocabulary of stroke, not necessarily to replicate his. A beginning drawing class or equivalent experience is strongly recommended, but not required, for this course.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.