Album cover for "Abbey Road"
Living life like an economist is not an easy thing to do. It can be a lonely pursuit, constantly weighing the costs and benefits of choices in order to arrive at the rational decision that makes the best use of resources. But this prosaic lifestyle can be enlivened with a little help from one economist’s friends. Join economist Brian O’Roark as he moves through the decisions of life, inspired by the songs of the Beatles. From looking for love to looking for work to retirement planning, this playlist for the economic life has a slight British accent and a great beat that even an economist can dance to. Imagine.
O'Roark is a university professor of economics at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, a co-author of Essentials of Economics, author of Why Superman Doesn't Take Over The World, and editor of Superheroes and Economics.
This program is part of an occasional series called Economics+ that examines economics from unexpected and entertaining perspectives.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.