Mark-making is the essential practice of committing an idea to a surface. In this class, students explore mark and pattern making as the first step toward developing fully realized works of art. In the spirit of our ancestors who first took a tool and made a mark, this class focuses on intuitive exercises using a variety of simple tools to generate many types of marks. The potential for creating abstract and figurative drawing, painting, and collage also is explored.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2.5 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.