Take a closer–much closer–look at your subjects through the art of macro photography. With an introduction to the technique’s aesthetics and design, as well as the correct equipment, students are ready to begin their journey into the world of macro. Topics covered include: specific lenses, close-up focusing distance, depth of field, tripod use, close-up filters, abstraction and patterns in nature, fractal geometry, macro flashes, lighting options (to simulate studio photography), and more.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.