Save up to 22% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Laundry to Legacy: Repurposing Treasured Garments Into Memory Quilts
Studio Arts Workshop
Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
$45 - Non-Member
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Discover a new way to use T-shirts and other garments of sentimental value: Transform them into usable quilts to give as gifts or to preserve cherished memories. Professional quilt-maker and educator Lauren Kingsland shares the stories behind some special quilts and discusses how to work with stretchy fabrics, color ideas, quilting options, and finishing techniques.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- One 2-hour session.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom webinar and open to larger enrollment.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.