Get ready for a spectacular party with a French accent! The annual Francophonie Cultural Festival spotlights the music, art, literature, film, cuisine, and customs of French-speaking countries and regions from across the globe. One of the celebration’s highlights, La Grande Fête is always magnifique, and this year’s bash is no exception.
The don’t-miss event is your passport for a world tour of francophone cultures. Starting at 7, sample food and drink from more than 20 embassies as you explore each nation’s unique attractions and traditions. Participating organizations, countries, and regions include Alliance Française de Washington, Canada, the Republic of Guinee, Haiti, Senegal, Madagascar, Armenia, Romania, Moldova, and Québec—and that’s just the start of the growing list. Be ready to dance as DJs from around the world bring the unique sounds of Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and plenty of destinations in between.
Don’t miss the chance to experience the best of the French-speaking world—without leaving D.C.
Know Before You Go
- For embassy security purposes, all guests’ names must be provided at the time of registration. The name on your confirmation should match the name on your ID. No guests will be allowed entry if their names have not been submitted in advance.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance (no sales at the door). Registration for this program will end by 12 p.m. on Thursday, March 23, 2023.
- Tickets include admission and food and drink samples from 7 to 9 p.m.; a cash bar is provided by Labonne Catering is open throughout the night (no credit cards).
- Physical tickets will not be mailed or given to any event attendees. Your name will appear on a guest check-in list at the door. An ID is required.
- Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
- No backpacks or bike helmets are allowed.
- La Maison Française does not offer on-site parking. Limited street parking is available on Reservoir Road.
- For public transit options, the Metrobus D6 route has stops near the event’s location.
- For more information about this year’s Francophonie Cultural Festival, visit francophonie-dc.org.