NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Collage has always been a relatively low-tech and materials-accessible medium. Explore methods for creating mixed-media using primarily household materials and other common items. Projects can be made in a small space and with a minimum of purchased art supplies, while still allowing for a wide range of creative applications. Learn how to use food- and plant-based items, recycled materials, and household tools and implements to fashion colors, make stencils for patterns, and create textures in artwork. Explore different approaches to collage and basic design principles. No experience necessary.
A kit is available to order from the instructor; click the supply list link above for ordering information.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sharon Robinson.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.