Designed for beginners who want to learn how to use their digital or mirrorless camera as a creative tool, students will gain skill in technical aspects of photography so that they can concentrate on composing beautiful images. Topics include aperture, shutter speed, ISO, the exposure triangle, focal length, metering, white balance, composition and more.
Students should bring to the first class a digital SLR camera with manual or override capabilities. Assignments will be given each week to be critiqued by the instructor in class the following session. Point-and-shoot digital cameras are not appropriate for this course. Join us in this fun class that teaches you how to take great photos using manual mode.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Marty Kaplan.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 3 hours each.
- Class will not be held on February 20.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.