Introduction to Photography
6-Session Evening Course
Wednesday, July 8 to August 12, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Whether you want to work in digital or film, this course offers a solid foundation for new photographers ready to learn the basics. Topics include camera functions, exposure, metering, working with natural and artificial light, and composition. Critiques of assignments enhance the technical skills you learn.
Students must have a digital camera with manual controls. Please have your camera manual or a digital version of the manual with you during our class sessions.
- The instructor is Andargé Asfaw.
- 6 sessions; 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.