NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 2, 2022.
Learn the basics of filmmaking from pre-production to shooting to post-production, working with your iPhone. This workshop examines the iPhone’s camera and recording functions, provides production and editing techniques, tips for creating your visual story, and discusses third-party apps and accessories. Each participant creates a short video to share with the class.
Introduction to iPhone Photography (or equivalent experience) is a pre-requisite for this class, and iPhone models 10 through 14 are recommended. Students should expect to pay $60 for apps and equipment (please see the supply list for details).
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Peggy Feerick.
- 2 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.