Adobe Lightroom is the most useful (and user-friendly) software for organizing and editing images, usable for both RAW and JPEG image files. This two-session workshop offers users an excellent working understanding of the program. We’ll work using Zoom to share screens between the instructor and students. Everyone’s screen should become accessible and the instructor should be able to guide each student’s work on his or her screen.
Students will learn to use the Library module for organization. Functions such as importing, exporting, deleting, and grouping files; sorting and ranking files for quality; and attaching keywords for easy retrieval will be covered. Participants will be able to set up a checklist of tasks as files are imported and managed. In the Develop module, users process files to improve their tone, color, and fine detail. You’ll be impressed with how much better your files can look. Edits can be made globally or selectively with intuitive tools. The instructor demonstrates a clear step-by-step workflow and provides detailed notes.
Students may work on a Mac or PC computer with Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic installed (but not the cloud version which is called Lightroom). A free 7-day trial of the software is available from Adobe. The class will be totally hands on and in detail with a mix of the instructor's screen for demonstrations and student screens for confirmation and questions. To help with the online interaction, the class size is limited to 6 participants.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Eliot Cohen.
- This program includes 2 sessions, 4 hours each.
- This program will not be recorded.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February 17 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.