Registration Advisory: This program is now free, but registration is required.
“Rutherford Falls,” which returns on June 16 for a second season on Peacock, represents a breakthrough moment in Native representation in comedy television both in front of and behind the camera. Jana Schmieding (Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux) and Michael Greyeyes (Nêhiyaw from Muskeg Lake Cree Nation) star in the series. There are six Native writers on staff, one of the largest Indigenous writers’ rooms on television, including co-creator and executive producer Sierra Teller Ornelas (Navajo). The series also stars Ed Helms ("The Office," "The Hangover"), Jesse Leigh ("Heathers"), and Dustin Milligan ("Schitt's Creek").
Join Ornelas, Helms, Schmieding, Greyeyes, and Leigh in conversation with Paul Chaat Smith, curator at the National Museum of the American Indian, as they discuss season 2 of the hit comedy, in which lifelong best buds Nathan Rutherford (Helms) and Reagan Wells (Schmieding) help each other tackle work, romance, and the major changes to their small town and the Native American reservation it borders initiated by tribal casino CEO Terry Thomas (Greyeyes). Get insights into how they’ve made Native representation a priority in creating the series and learn what fans can expect from the second season.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.