Indian Art and Calligraphy: An Immersive Exploration
8-Session Daytime Course
Thursday, October 15 to December 10, 2020 – 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET (no class Nov. 26)
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Experience how the interplay of art and language shaped the culture, religions, and history of India and the South Asian subcontinent. Join artist and museum docent Sushmita Mazumdar in the classroom, and in the virtual Galleries of the National Museum of Asian Art, for a unique series that combines detailed looks at artworks and objects from a variety of periods and regions with the opportunity to try your hand at authentic calligraphy inspired by them.
No experience in calligraphy or drawing is required.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sushmita Mazumdar.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each (no class Nov. 26)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.