Tickets are required for all programs, performances, classes, camps, and tours and can be ordered from the individual program description page.
- Interested in a program described in the monthly Smithsonian Associates program guide? Use the event code found at the bottom of the program description in the Search by Code box located at the top of the left-hand column. Tip: use zeros
for any event code character that looks like the letter "O."
- Searching for a particular class instructor or speaker? Use the Search by Text box.
- Just browsing for something of particular interest to you? Explore upcoming programs by using the Browse by Topic or Browse by Format links.
- The Weekly Calendar displays programs chronologically by week. Advance to the
next month by clicking on the "Next>" link.
Ticket may be ordered:
- Online at any time, subject to availability. VISA, MasterCard, Discover,
American Express, and Smithsonian Associate gift certificates accepted
as payment. (Login
- By calling (202) 633-3030, Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; there is a $3.00 handling fee per phone order.
- By faxing us at (202) 786-2536
- Weekdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Ticket Window
in our office reception area, which is located on sub-level three in the S. Dillon Ripley Center.
- Please note that there is a $2.50 per ticket processing fee on all tickets, except for Members-Only free events, Summer Camps, and Discovery Theater performances
Many of our activities venues are in buildings, which are closed after 5:30 p.m. To enter the building, you may need to show
a security officer your ticket or let them know you are picking up your ticket at Will Call. Please note that some federal
buildings require photo IDs.
Please note all tickets are mailed via USPS with First-Class postage. Tickets purchased within 10 business days of an event's start date will not be mailed and will be held at Will Call at the event location.
In case you forget or lose your ticket, your name will be on the event roster, and you will be admitted to the program.