Improv quilting allows for developing a design spontaneously rather than following a predetermined, complete plan. For inspiration, students look at images of historic quilts that seem to have been designed in the moment and examine what is going on today in the genre of improv quilts. This class presents the technical sewing skills needed and discusses design and color choices. The goal is familiarity with the medium that will allow students to move ahead on their own with confidence. Projects are sewn by hand or on a machine.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2024.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.