Master basic hand-stitching techniques and begin creating your own quilt designs. Learn to make templates for a pieced design, piece 3-way and 4-way intersections and curves, assemble a quilt top with borders and sashing, finish edges, and more. Appliqué, embroidery, choosing color, and design strategies may also be explored. The instructor provides inspiration from her own body of work, as well as insights into the history of quilting and innovations that may impact the craft’s future. This course is designed for all levels.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 5 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.