This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Hand Embroidery for Today
2-Session Studio Arts Workshop
Tuesday, July 21 and 28, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Add the touch of your own hands to beautify clothing for yourself and your loved ones young and old. Learn basic hand-embroidery stitches to create modern designs on contemporary fabrics as you explore threads and tools to enhance knits, felted wools and ready-made garments, including onesies for infants. Design options include Trees of Four Seasons patterns from the instructor. Students need small, sharp-pointed scissors and a garment to embellish.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lauren Kingsland.
- 2 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.