This program is sold out.
George Washington in Alexandria
Virtual Evening Tour
Friday, October 16, 2020 - 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET
Interior of Christ Church, Alexandria, Virginia
NOTE: This program has a rescheduled date (originally Sept. 11, 2020).
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
No other town is as associated with George Washington as Alexandria, Virginia, a place he considered his hometown. He surveyed its streets as a teenager in 1749, and his public memorial service was held there 50 years after his death.
Using live commentary and prerecorded footage of Old Town locations that reflect the spirit of the 18th century, author and historian Garrett Peck leads a delightful virtual tour that spotlights churches, houses, taverns, and other sites associated with the first president, as well the newly revitalized waterfront. Toast Washington’s legacy in Alexandria during this interactive Friday-evening experience, during which Peck takes questions at stops along the way.
UPDATED: Limited to 75 participants.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.