Lago Pehoe, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile (Photo: Kirt Kempter)
The Patagonia region of South America has long attracted naturalists and explorers to unravel the mysteries of this spectacular landscape, which in its modern form is closely tied to ongoing plate tectonic processes and dramatic sculpting by Ice Age glaciers.
Join geologist Kirt Kempter on a geologic tour of the region, including highlights such as Torres del Paine National Park, Tierra del Fuego, and several picturesque volcanoes of the southern Andes. He includes helpful maps, field photos, and Google Earth flyovers to enhance the experience and illustrate geologic concepts and interpretations.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.