This workshop introduces beginners to freestyle hand embroidery. In this style, stitches are applied freely, disregarding the weave or structure of the ground cloth. Students learn how to select and prepare fabric using a simple design, ready their hoop, and begin stitching. The class covers several different stitches to achieve various textures and marks, including basic stitch, backstitch, and satin stitch.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Heather Kerley.
- This program includes one 3-hour session.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2024.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.