Forest Bathing 101
Daytime Program on Zoom
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. ET
Immerse yourself in the Japanese practice of forest bathing as Melanie Choukas-Bradley introduces its history and how-tos. Shinrin-yoku, or forest bathing, originated in in the 1980s as a restorative and meditative practice of connecting with nature and disconnecting from the distractions of daily life and has since become popular around the world. In this workshop, learn about the development and global enthusiasm for forest bathing as Choukas-Bradley guides you through techniques to incorporate this soulful practice into your life. She also shares tips on how to conduct your own forest-bathing walks using the environments around you, including your own backyard.
Choukas-Bradley, a certified forest therapy guide who has spent time in Japan learning the techniques of forest bathing and participating in walks with Shinrin-yoku guides, has led many walks for organizations in the Washington area, including Smithsonian Associates. She has authored several nature books including The Joy of Forest Bathing: Reconnect with Wild Places and Rejuvenate Your Life and Resilience: Connecting with Nature in a Time of Crisis. Signed copies of both are available for purchase.
BOOK SALE INFORMATION
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.