Save when you purchase the Favorite Movies spring series!
Our favorite moments in movies never leave us. Maybe it was a song from a hilltop, the tears of a lost sweetheart, or that walk into the casino. In a 4-session film discussion series featuring film clips, Emmy-winning documentary filmmaker and writer Sara Lukinson revisits more of our favorite movies and characters, the people who dreamed them up, and the lasting memories they made in our lives and our myths.
Lukinson, a multiple Emmy Award winner, created more than 200 short biographical films for the Kennedy Center Honors. She teaches at NYU and the 92nd Street Y.
Star Voices, Then Movie Stars: Barbra Streisand and Julie Andrews
First their voices stunned us. Then these two very unalike young women, Streisand from Brooklyn, Andrews from London’s music halls, went from singing stars to the stage before the movies snapped them up. Their movies are iconic, their signature songs are immortal. Clips include The Way We Were, Funny Girl, Yentl, The Sound of Music, and Victor/Victoria.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.