NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, May 20, 2022.
Vines, leaves, and vegetables provide the basis for creating wonderful, evocative prints on fabric. Using colorful Akua water-based printmaking ink, celebrate spring by spending a day experimenting with hand-printing on fabrics using seasonal natural materials.
Participants first practice their printmaking techniques on muslin, and later use a cotton or cotton-blend solid white (or light-colored) shirt, and print on that as well. The inks used can be heat-set with an iron and washed, so the technique can be applied to other fabrics including silk, linen, and batik prints to make clothing, table runners, or fabric for quilts.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sue Fierston.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.