Explore the basis of abstraction by studying color, line, and shape as they relate to composition. Learn to create exciting and innovative works of art using a series of drawing, painting, and collage exercises designed to examine nontraditional ways of handling traditional materials and subject matter. Students are introduced to materials ranging from charcoal and ink to pastel and acrylic.
This is a process-oriented class with an emphasis on finding a more intuitive way of working. Each week, lessons are structured around the work of a different contemporary artist. Critiques and discussions contribute to the process.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Delna Dastur.
- This program includes 8 sessions, 3 hours each.
- Class will not be held on November 23.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.