In her bid for the presidency, Senator Elizabeth Warren often grounded her political outlook in the experiences of growing up in Oklahoma. So it’s hardly surprising that she turned her attention to the next generation of leaders—with a special nod to young girls—in her newest book, Pinkie Promises.
In conversation with Susan Page, journalist, biographer, and the current Washington Bureau Chief for USA Today, Warren shares the inspiration behind the book, the meaning of “pinkie promises,” and what girls can do, even when told they cannot. It’s a story to encourage girls to dream big, told from experience.
A former law professor and one of the nation’s leading progressive voices, Warren has served as the United States senator from Massachusetts since 2013. She is the author of 11 books, including This Fight Is Our Fight.
Copies of Pinkie Promises (MacMillan) are available for purchase.
Book Sale Information
- Purchase your copy of Pinkie Promises by Elizabeth Warren here.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Politics and Prose is offering a 10% discount to Smithsonian Associates ticket-holders. To claim your discount, enter the code SPECIAL10 (no space between letters and numbers) in the “Coupon discount” section on Politics and Prose's check-out page.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.