An Evening with Matthew McConaughey
In Conversation with Gayle King
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 6:30 p.m. ET
$35 - Non-Member+Book
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
For 35 years, Oscar-winning actor Matthew McConaughey kept a diary, charting his rise from a rule-breaking kid in Texas to the heights of Hollywood. But his new memoir Greenlights, like McConaughey himself, is definitely not traditional: It’s a collection of anecdotes, poetry, yarns, and lessons from his life that led him to a stage of success he calls “catching greenlights.”
Join the star of The Dallas Buyers Club, The Lincoln Lawyer, and HBO’s “True Detective” in a conversation with Gayle King, co-host of "CBS This Morning," as he shares unvarnished stories from the book and explains how they instilled in him the importance of values, the power of new experiences, and, as he puts it, “either changing your reality or changing how you see it.”
The ticket price includes a copy of Greenlights (Crown). (see Book Distribution Information for added details).
BOOK DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
The featured book is included with the ticket price. Books will be shipped by Porchlight Books to your home address, so please review the accuracy of your name and address at the time of registration. Please allow up to 2 weeks for book delivery.
If you do not want your personal information shared with the distributor, please email CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org. Opting out from receiving the book does not reduce the registration fee.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.