Employed by such artists as da Vinci, Durer, and Rembrandt, silverpoint drawing is accomplished by using a silver stylus on specially prepared paper to produce a composition made up of delicate lines. Initially silver-gray, the drawing tarnishes when exposed to air, resulting in a characteristic warm brown tone.
Learn the history of silverpoint, the materials required, and the vocabulary of this unique art form. Demonstrated techniques empower students to create their own silverpoint masterpieces from reference photos of their choosing (see the supply list for additional details). Prior drawing experience is strongly recommended to achieve the best results.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.