NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, October 14, 2022.
Get out of your head by drawing the world around you to gain an understanding that you have a mind, but in the words of Eckhart Tolle “You are not your mind." Through simple drawing activities using subjects provided virtually or in your home environment, learn how to better connect with your sense of vision, recognize how your mind colors your actions and experiences, and gain practice stepping away from your thoughts. The workshop is suitable for both non-artists and artists.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Nick Cruz Velleman.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.