Learn how to approach drawing birds by observing the four different parts that make up a bird (face, body, wings, and feet) and the nuanced differences that distinguish one species from another. Study the underlying structure and anatomy that influence a bird's posture and shape and learn the important feather groupings and how to best draw them.
This intermediate-level course uses graphite pencil to focus on the fundamentals of drawing birds. Previous drawing experience is required.
- The instructor is Natalia Wilkins-Tyler.
- 5 sessions, 2 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.