This Overnight Tour is currently filled, but please call us to get on the Wait List at 202-633-3030.
Discover Staten Island
Depart: Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 8:00 a.m.
Return: Monday, July 22, 2019 - 9:00 p.m.
Double Room Non-Member
Single Room Non-Member
The Staten Island Ferry passes the Statue of Liberty
The fifth borough, both alphabetically and otherwise, Staten Island is a place that’s often overlooked by visitors—and fellow New Yorkers. On a 2-day excursion led by arts journalist Richard Selden, discover and array of attractions that prove that this island the size of Bermuda deserves to shake off its underdog reputation.
Begin with a look at the borough’s 19th-centuy architectural crown jewel, Sailor’s Snug harbor, now a cultural center and botanical garden. A visit to the hilltop Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art reveals a peaceful, temple-like retreat, and includes a private reception. Clear Comfort, the home of pioneering photographer Alice Austen, is National Historic Landmark and overlooks New York Bay.
Tour the lively St. George Historic District, catch some summer sun as you take in the spectacular view of the Verrazano Bridge from the South Beach boardwalk, and step aboard the Staten Island Ferry for a round trip. And, like any of New York’s boroughs, no visit is complete without sampling some of the favorite local cuisine.
Hotel accommodations are at the Hampton Inn Staten Island.
- Cost includes bus transportation, lodging, all activities, and the following meals: one breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner.
- Overnight accommodations are at the Hampton Inn Staten Island.
- Tour departs by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW, with a pickup stop at the DoubleTree by Hilton Laurel, 15101 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, Maryland, at about 8:40 a.m.
- Single-room supplement $100 (factored into the Single Room Member and Single Room Non-Member pricing).
- Singles registering at the double-room rate are paired (on a nonsmoking basis) if possible, but must pay the single-room supplement otherwise.
- Detailed information is mailed to registrants about four weeks prior to departure.
- Registrants may want to consider purchasing trip insurance.
Detailed information for overnight tours
is mailed approximately FOUR WEEKS
prior to departure.