NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Poinsettias are a staple of the winter holidays, and while their traditional vibrant red color is a boost to any décor, the plants themselves are often “high maintenance” and always a hazard to pets. Not so with this crepe paper version that’s as lovely as the real thing!
This workshop introduces floral papercraft techniques and utilizes different weights of both crepe paper and floral wire. Learn how to manipulate the paper into different shapes to create each part of the Poinsettia: leaf, petiole, and cyathia. At the end of the workshop, leave with the ability to complete two realistic poinsettia shrubs.
The session is open to students of all skill levels, but some experience with crepe paper is recommended.
All supplies are provided in a kit that can be ordered from the instructor (a supply fee of $20 is included in the workshop price). Supplies will be mailed to the address on file one week prior to the beginning of class. If you need your supplies mailed to a different address, please email us at Associates-StudioArts@si.edu. Please order at least one week prior to the class date to allow ample time for delivery.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Karen Cadogan.
- One 3.5-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.